CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July











This Fourth of July we went to a different Fireworks show in the city. It wasn't as crowed as one of the spots that we usually go to in another part of town. My mom and new hubby drove across state lines to visit for the holiday! Ah newlyweds! We spent all day eating Bar-b-q and just eating, watching movies and the kids went swimming. As the evening dwindled on we drove out in all of the traffic and there was lots. We hiked from the car and found a nice spot on the hill and spread out blankets and foldable chairs. However the kids started begging for food so of course the men in group went to the closest fast food place that was walking distance and picked up popcorn chicken. They are used to Friday night picnics in the park. This summer there was a monthly summer concert series that we went to and we a picnic on every Friday during the month of June.






My sisterlocks big trim isn't so bad after all (today at least :) However I don't know if its just the relaxer on the ends or me, but I am prone to bunching still. Having a relaxer does have its issues but if you grin and bear it and take care of it the end results will be great! I literally have to pull them straight after I wash my hair. They draw up really bad. It's not pretty. As I pull it straight I can hear it crunching. Sometimes it will make a large ball that I have to straighten by pulling it straight and banding does not help me but I do it anyway to an extent. Then there are some that have curly open ends(my kitchen area) and a few other places that have no relaxer that I think was cut. I grew my hair out for over the 10 months before I put in my sisterlocks. I posted some pictures of my sister's hair so you can see her progress.She started with a relaxer too however she had a shorter style so the relaxed ends are not as dominat in her hair as they are in mine or were in mine. Her hair is really nice and full. My hair is more fine (straighter at the root)and hers is thicker. I like hers better of course. That's my problem I like everyone's hair more than mine. She has had her locks since Nov 2007!
The pictures of the stages really do help me!
Keep it natural !

1 comments:

knotsnlocks said...

Girl, you know I know cause I have been there! yes, if you do grin and bear it, it will get better over time. perhaps a good style may be a version of the braid-out. i would often section my hair, wet it, plait it then take it down. that may help a little.