CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Styling With Permed Ends

Some people may think that having permed ends will be extremely difficult. Well its not to me. Just think of micro braids with the ends unraveled. However you can't comb your ends out. I finger comb my ends and don't worry about the bunching. There is dryness and some breakage in the middle but it is camouflaged well within the hairstyle. To me it's hard and dry to a degree but I wouldn't dare put conditioner in my hair at this point. I try to focus on the end results. The blog helps me deal with the stages. I had my locks installed for the second time in January "08" and my sister in Nov "07. We both had nice heads hair with a perm. I had sister locks before as I have stated and I was constantly comparing it to others. This time I decided to blog so I can have a personal pictorial of my progress. I wish I would have done it before but when you know better you do better. This would have been my 3rd year being locked instead of months.

I won't cut my ends prematurely like I did the first time. I felt the pressure to be totally natural but that's my choice. I want it fall off or break off or gradually be cut off. I say to those of you that are worried about the breakage just don't sweat it. I am sure it looks good. I have some locks with lots of perm and some with none at all and some with an inch of perm. Oh well!! People still look and whisper cause they are trying to figure out what the heck new do is that but they would rather whisper loudly like I am deaf or something. I always look at them like "yeah I can hear you".

Styled with Caruso rollers!!

2 comments:

knotsnlocks said...

1st of all, your mom is gorgeous! 2ndly, styling with relaxed ends are actually easier than when you ARE completely locked! i enjoyed my relaxed ends, until washing time of course! and no, don't cut too soon. i started cutting at 13 months and dyed shortly after to offset how short my hair was. is this why you got a 2nd installation of sisterlocks b/c of the premature cutting?

Penny said...

I was constantly cutting the ends off myself because I read so much about the dreaded bunching. In my opinion it wasn't cute and my mom and sister had a perm and my hair was just taking too long to do something whatever the something was. I did not have the patience so on my year anniversary when we were out on break I took them out. They didn't unravel and when I look at past pictures I guess they were fine. I was tripping. I also let some lady combine some and she wasn't my original consultant and the whole time she complained about how "those sisterlocks are too small and told me they would break" . I put my relaxer back and my hair grew back to its shoulder length and I said bump it I want my locks back and by then my sister was reading on Lock it up and she wanted to do it too.