CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

It aint nothing but a Hair Thing














Well you know recently I have had a semi-chop of my permed ends. It felt like the big chop to me. I find that the short sisterlocks are high maintenance as well. I have to keep them curly. I spritz my hair with a distilled water and rosemary essential oil mixture(mostly water). I read that rosemary stimulates growth along with biotin. I bought some sponge rollers. I was going to get to get something called lock loops but I decided to hold off on that for a while. Yesterday we went to an indoor water park (http://www.greatwolflodge.com/ )and they held up pretty well. I was expecting all kinds of slippage especially after those trips down the various water slides and that wave pool. I attend a water fitness or aqua fit aerobics class at LA fitness 3 to 4 times a week but my hair doesn't get wet. It doesn't get wet because we are jogging in the water and doing all kinds of fun foolishness for a work out. The water is the resistance.If there is an LA Fitness in your area you can go to their website and print out a three day pass and try it out for free! The class is all women and there are no dudes lurking at you. Black women put all kinds of mess on their head so it won't get wet like jherri curl caps, wave caps, doo rags. even a walmart grocery bag.....oh and wigs.


The good thing is I do know how to re tighten my own hair from my last set of sisterlocks but haven't decided to do it yet. I may continue with my consultant until they are 8 months or so. Who knows? I do tighten a few every now and then especially at the hairline or as I feel some as I watch tv that are too loose.


I attempted to wash and braid out after all of the water activites.Hmmmm! Well I attempted thats all I have to say about that. This is the results of this look on the last two pictures. The rest of the pictures are basic sponge rollers. Those curls are tight.

3 comments:

Docs Locs said...

Nice semi-chop! Your hair is growign fast.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice
i have been growing my dreds since 89

and nice re pic of u and the lil man

Penny said...

###Thanks Doc. I locked a few weeks before you did. Oh nice pics on kinky awakenings slide show. I think it was you. It was a sisterlock gathering.

### Thanks Torrance brother all-mi-t