CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Blocking a Blogger " I don't know you"

The main idea of this post is to say" it doesn't matter how you start or how you maintain". The result will be the same. I find this whole dialogue to be rather silly and divisive to say the least.

Sophia stay off my blog. www.naturallysophia.blogspot.com



I saw your name in the traffic feed or link from or to on the side so I clicked it. What a shock? A post for me. By the way I didn't link you until just now because of the traffic and what they are reading. I came across your site by surfing the web and was intrigued by the title until I read the content. I just cut and pasted that excerpt 2 or more weeks ago when I read it and what someone said to you who didn't like the comment. That's why they have a comment section on every thing. Get a grip!No one knew it was you. At the end of the post I added your revised comments a couple of weeks later to your defense but of course you didn't read that. My site is for positive women trying to visualize the process of transitioning with sisterlocks with a relaxer. Period You are very negative in my opinion ( in regards to this issue) and this site is not for you . The definition of a snob-a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field. I did not call you a snob. You did. The post is somewhat snobbery by definition but that's neither here nor there and highly irrelevant at this point.The site has nothing to offer you(sophia) . I have no need or desire to offend anyone with any post that I will write nor will ever write. One of the major selling points in sisterlocks is that it is inclusive for all and not exclusive for some. Most salons that offer them state that " guess what you don't have to cut off your relaxer to get them"The debate about relaxers is so dead and rather silly. Most African American women have them and if you make them feel as if you have some superiority complex they will never want to share a new experience. However it's their choice. Who are you to put down anyone for anything? Do you and do you well. Find a new issue. "Relaxers anonymous" or something or "Free to be me sipping under a tree" or " I don't need an umbrella ella ella a" There are so many social injustices in the world so move on and be nice to people. We are put on this earth to be a blessing to others.

Phillippians 3:13
"Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before."

Sometimes we have to let go of certain things in our life, it could be a bad relationship, an argument , a bad job or even a stank attitude. Somethings hinder our growth and stop us from being the people that God wants us to be.My challenge to all is to let go of what is stopping you from being the best you that you can be. Don't let anyone's opinion discourage you. Think of all the people who told you what you couldn't do, shouldn't do, or how could you do. Somethings are tests for some future event. For me the journey has never been about hair. Its about Penny! Who am I? What am I in my spirit and in my essence? Not hair. My hair keeps my head warm ! One day it will be super cute when these locks do the dag gone thang. I have been natural , had a perm, been natural again, whatever and I am just tired of the perm thats all. No one was ever mean to me when I was natural nor did I have a growth problem. I am just me just like you are you. No one's experience is better than the next. Seriously, My spirit inside keeps me alive and always thankful for the tests no matter how much I protest. A little advice" the only one who truly cares about your opinion is you".

It's all good. Thanks for the link on your site Sophia. Someone who frequents yours might come to mine and read something or see something that they were curious about in regards to transformation from relaxed to sisterlocks and its many many many stages.

Hi Lisa and Tonya and Sha!!

0 comments: