CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

"I colored my hair"


Before the color After the color ( the pic in the blue t-shirt is the before shot and other is the after shot)

Well I decided I needed a change so I colored my hair. I used Dark and Lovely "auburn". Personally I can't tell the difference. I notice my scalp is another color. I guess I thought it would be more dramatic. I was worried that the color would straighten my hair. I read that on someones blog. I am happy to say it didn't but I needed to retighten my hair anyway. I am almost finished but I really hate it. My neck hurts. I am trying to do it all in 2 days. As far as styling goes I set my hair on sponge rollers and wear that look for a day then free style the next and the same routine all over again so I freestyle every other day. I don't wear a head band either. I like the messy layered look! In this picture I didn't do anything to my hair. I just let it air dry because I am still retightening.

4 comments:

Locs2Envy said...

Hi,

Your hair looks wonderful. I love the highlights - very subtle. It looks like you and I were of like minds today. I also colored my hair a few hours ago. The "fuzzies" were driving me crazy-I think they stood out more because of the drastic color differences. I darken my highlights a little and love my hair again. Your color looks similar to mine. I've posted new pictures. check them out and tell me what you think of the change.

Locs2Envy said...

By the way, how do you like your hair since you chopped off the relaxed ends? It looks great!

Rchgrl1 said...

I love your hair. It is really shaping up. I read one of your post that you are doing your own retightening. How far into your journey did you start doing it yourself? I did mine for the first time and I'm only 2 months old. Am I moving too fast? Help me out gurl, please. LOL!

Penny said...

Nihuru whats up?
Well you know how it is. Somedays you like it and other days you like "what the hell". I like it enough I suppose. It's not puffy enough for me. You know how it is when you have lock envy. I will like it better later. I am not one of those " I'm in love with my hair on the first day type" but I would not take them out. I'm in it for the duration. I working on patience which I have none.

Rchgrl
Seriously I started doing my own hair about 4 to 5 months. Remember at 6 months you can take the class if you want. I didn't. I bought that nappyloc book with all of the patterns. Truthfully I couldn't wait for an app't when my hairline or the nape was unraveling. I don't like appts after work because I get back too late and I like to wash my hair after I retighten not before. I prefer on Sat but dang it takes an act of congress to book that day. I fixed it myself.If you want to wait a couple of months then wait. I have an appt in the middle of october but I won't go back until jan if I feel like it. I will just maintain but I would like for her to examine the locks to make sure I am on the right track. I talk too dang much

Thanks for stopping by ladies. My lil' blog friends.

Oh I met a dude but I hate men so damn evasive. I am not going to date ever again. After this Kem concert that's it!!!