CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Relax, Relate, and Release




Well this week we went on a family /faculty retreat. It was a nice resort. There were lots of activities for us to enjoy such as the various pool areas, golf, water skiing and spa treatments. The purpose of the retreat was for us to renew our minds and refresh ourselves as well as reset goals for our children(our students). We had so much food to eat. We have the best school in the world. At our elementary school we have over 700 children and 42 faculty members approximately. If I told about the technology we have and the tons of resources at our daily disposal you would contact the local school districts to find out why every school is not as equipped as ours. We are so awesome that we have a waiting list for kids and people who want to work there. In my classroom, I have 6 student computers, in focus machine(data projector), document camera, etc..... We have several smart boards and video conferencing material where our children can go on virtual field trips or interact with kids around the country and the world!!!


We focused on 5 levels of communication and strategies to effectively communicate which was facilitated by our counselor who is from Puerto Rico. I love her because she is so innocent and genuinely nice. There is a pure beauty inside her and her accent is cute because her English is not great so it's cute when she talks because you can picture her brain trying to find the word in English that she so desperately wants to say in Spanish. She used to be a nun! You just want to kiss her. I learned lots about myself and what others thought of me. I am not surprised by their comments. Most people stated that I was honest, straight forward, supportive, blunt/no nonsense, knowledgeable and determined. I know that I am a problem solver and I like lists. I like to know details. I want to work on being flexible and taking things lightly. I should lighten up. I am very sensitive but no one knows that. Whenever I say that people say "not you" "no way". They don't know it's my barrier. Last year when I was nominated Teacher of Year I was shocked and I told the principal I thought other people were more worthy because I don't like attention. I guess my humility is another attribute.

0 comments: