CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Post of My Reti

Two Year Anniversary






I had my reti on yesterday.. I guess its growing...
Anyway today at my son's game this lady who was natural.. had a baseball cap on.. she came up and was like oh I love ur hair.. Is it all yours? What kind of hair is that? I proceeded to tell her its sisterlocks and told her they are locks which are not started by twisting or some product in a more traditional way. I said it's ur own hair intelocked.. she said so its not ur hair. She looked in amazement and said I will have to ask my stylist.. I looked at her and sighed .. I said google it. If she is not on the website... but then as I continued to explain she looked all bewildered like I was making the word "sisterlock" up... I think I will print Q & A and keep it n my purse.. Then she grabbed a handful and said it doesn't feel like yours.. and then further insulted me by saying "well why are your roots straight at the hairline like a perm?... WOW....called her friend over and said this is all her hair.....My hair is nothing compared to the really long sisterlocks..

I am really happy with my hair... I want it to look like others though.. not totally satisfied yet
I am really happy that this is a hair option for women who want to go natural and who may not want to do a big chop initially.. but it has to happen and the sooner the better because the permed scraggly ends have got to go.

All of my locks are unique.. no two are the same and not all of them are totally sealed because of my hair pattern which is slightly wavy..in a kinky sorta of way..

2 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 2 Years! Your locks have grown quite a bit and they look lovely!

Why are some people so ignorant? Why is it so hard for people to believe that black women can grow long hair too?

Anyhow you and your sister's locks are looking great!

Anonymous said...

Greetings~
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. Your hair looks nice, very Nice!
Take Care~