CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

So Long Brown and "Hello Jet Black



The picture in brown is before the color. The second is the end result.










So long brown


Hello Jet Black











I had to color my hair last night! I couldn't stand the brown hair on me and my locks. My natural hair is brown and when I used to have a relaxer my hair would turn reddish-brown and people thought I had a color but it was my natural color. After looking at the close up of my hair and my sisters hair last week I knew I had to color it. Dark colors in my opinion make my hair look fuller and richer. I am pleased with the finished results. I think when you have really light locks you see too many knots and imperfections. Not to say that the locks will be perfect because they wont. At least with black hair or darker hair it is camouflauged. In all honesty I saw three gray hairs in my temple area on the right side and my my sister told me she noticed my gray hair on the left. Imagine my surprise when she said that because I was only noticing one side and she pointed out that it was on both. The lil curly area in the front was gray and I wasn't having it. I am not ready for the gray hair just yet. Nope not yet!!


I used two boxes of the Textures and Tones color because the last time I colored one box is definately not enough. One box was enough when I had a relaxer but not with locks. It took me 30 minutes to apply it and I left it in for the recommended time.


Dang as I look at those pics all I can see is that dang bump that I had to go and mess with on my forehead. I scar very easily so I have to keep my hands out of my face or I will break out.

****

I locked my hair in Jan '08. I have been locked for 17 months! On lots of my posts I usually give estimates of the time I have been locked but everyone is so precise so I said I guess I should be too.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like!!!

Penny said...

Meikmeika: Thank you very much!!!
(say it with an Elvis feel)

Locs2Envy said...

Very, very nice. I love it. You are going to make me hit the color bottle again. I have been really good here lately...LOL.

If you just send whatever email address you use to sign into your blog, that should work...I may be unblocking it and revamping it because I get tired of having to sign in every time I want to get on the page...laziness, I guess. I have a long weekend coming up in about 2 weeks. I may take the plunge to revamp it then and call it something else...minus Nihuru

Aya said...

I think I will do black when I'm ready to color too. Your locks and the color change look great!!!

Penny said...

Nihu@ please hurry up and do what you just said cuz you will do that before I send you an email so you can put me on the list....The list that cracks me up. I procrastinate way too much..

Aya@ Thanks! Your hair looks good.

Unknown said...

You go girl! Stunning!

Locs2Envy said...

LOL....alright Ms. Penny; here it is http://nihusnubianlovelocs.blogspot.com/
It's still in baby stages but all of security precautions are now in place and I am truly ready for nu-beginnings....nubian beginnings....the new title of the blog...enjoy.

Penny said...

Yeah Nihu!.. I went to your blog and I will change the web address. Woo hoo!!
Girl how hot is it n Ohio? It is disgustingly hot in Texas over 100 degrees or at least 100 degrees.

Locs2Envy said...

H.O.T ...The highest it has been here is about 93. I would be dead if I were in Texs....geesh....I have never been so hot as to need to turn the air on...not so this year....I think I have had it on 5 times already...maybe, I'm getting old (surely am not trying to claim that one..LOL)

I'm on my way to the Comfest (woman walking around without tops and painted or tattooed boobs among other things) with the EX. I most certainly will be posting those pictures...stay tuned.

knotsnlocks said...

LOL...i read this post after i posted about color! how about that! i feel you. and until you said it, i never noticed it, but yes, the lighter, the more obvious the uniqueness. i notice that the sections of new growth masks it so much better. but i can't lie, i really do like my brown. man, i wish i would've known stuff like this prior to dying. lessons learned!

Penny said...

@Nihu I can't leave comments on your blog. Doesn't seem to work for me..EWWW your ex. Interesting indeed. R u recycling again? I can't believe you don't turn on the air conditioner because in the south its a way of life. Growing up my grandmother had those lil air conditioners in everyroom in the house although she wouldnt let us turn them on until the evening.

@Knots I feel ya. I would like a highlighted loc or two maybe in a rich brown when it gets some serious length but not now.( I do mean a loc or two like maybe 5) Even with highlights I am nervous cuz I have seen when highlights goes wrong or some people with loud crayola colors in their hair that doesn't compliment their skin tone.

Locs2Envy said...

Hey P,

It's fixed now...I had the wrong box checked (embedded comments or some mess) so it wasn't working properly. I couldn't leave myself a comment - how about that? LOL

Locs2Envy said...

Shoot....I forgot to comment on your comments.....Heck no, not recycling. I can always call him to go someplace with me and I didn't want to go with a girlfriend...didn't want the folks who were celebrating to think that I was a member of the gay community or available...LOL.

My house is surrounded by trees so I just open all of the windows and get a real nice breeze blowing through normally...like today. My friend came over expecting my house to be hot and was surprised at how cool it is. What have you been up to since school has been out?

Penny said...

I am working summer camp at school. So I am still here. School ended on a thursday. It was a teacher work day that Friday and camp started the monday. However this is my last week so finally I will get a break but I have been working out. I am glad you fixed your comment section. Its not like I comment all the time but if I wanted to.